Sadie’s Sewing tips and tricks

Hey guys!  Sadie here and today I wanted to tell you some things I find very helpful while I’m sewing. 

1. If something goes wrong, don’t panic. Panicking just makes everything a thousand times worse. Instead, tell somebody who can help you what went wrong and then ask if they can help. I have gotten in some tight situations with my sewing machine (I’ve broken a needle.) and I call my grandma to ask if she can help me. 

2. Get to know your machine. If you just learned how to sew and are super excited, I would put sewing some extravagant pattern on hold. Instead, take a scrap of fabric and just practice. I found this extremely helpful when I first learned so that I could experiment with some stitches and not ruin my work.

3. Find a quiet space with good lighting. This is one of the most important factors in becoming good at sewing. You need to concentrate more on the task at hand and from my experiences, a nice, quiet place is perfect. My sewing room is in my basement and it’s very quiet down there. Good lighting is very important so that you can see what you are doing, lots of sewing machines have lights, and I find that helpful but you also need the room around you to be well lit. 

4. Find a place that won’t disturb other people. If it’s later at night and the people in your house are going to bed I recommend your sewing room be farther away from where the other people are. (Kitchen tables do NOT work.)

See you again soon! Sadie

Comments

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Popular Posts