Courtney: friendship superhero book review *Warning, spoilers*

 A few days ago I picked up a book from the library, and it’s Courtney: Friendship Superhero. I had been wanting to read this book ever since it came out. I really liked it, and I think you should read it too! Now on to the review.

Characters: some side characters, like Sarah and Kip, got a lot more personality than in the first book. I wasn’t very happy that Tina basically got like, two lines in the whole book. (I love her snarkiness and attitude.) but it got made up by Isaac. (More on him later.) I give the characters a 9.5 out of 10

Representation: HIV and AIDS. that was a very real thing in the eighties and it still is a real thing Freddie Mercury died from it. Isaac has HIV and he actually got a massive role in this book. I give the representation a 8 out of 10 because we still want our autistic doll and court should’ve been a DoC.

Plot and general layout: the plot was overall very engaging. Courtney did get in a fight with Sarah, but it was reasonable and I would understand if I was in that arguement. The general layout was pretty good, the hands across america segment didn’t really fit at the first chapter of the book. I give plot and general layout a 8.5 out of 10.

So that means a grand total of.....26 out of 30! I liked this book a LOT more than the first considering that stuff actually happened in it and it wasn’t Courtney just arguing with Tina.

Comments

  1. This was an awesome review. :D Though Courtney isn't my favorite of AG's dolls, I may decide to read her book sometime, and I agree we need more disabled dolls (an autistic one would be awesome to have). :D
    -Quinley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think court is cute, I don’t think I’m going to get her, but she is still cute. I NEED MORE DISABLED DOLLS

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

Popular Posts